Dog walking is not just walking with dogs. Dog walking is carried out by a skilled professional who has good association with animals, especially dogs and can communicate with them. Dog walking is not a playful act. Unlike the eastern world where things like Dog walking or dog sitting are uncommon, Australia has the largest number of dog-sitting agencies. Dog walkers much ensure that they have good knowledge of the rules and regulations of the park. A dog walker must make sure that he clears the dog waste and disposes of it properly. Dog walkers have to be compassionate, matured and reliable, also they have to be both fun loving and humorous. If you are looking for a dog walker sydney then there are around 200 different companies that offer these services.
Steps to becoming a professional dog-walker:
- Start with the dogs at home and with the ones in your neighborhood initially
- Closely watch their behavioral pattern and try to understand what they mean at different occasions.
- Get yourself a place in local agencies to learn more about this.
- Try to understand your clients, a friendly conversation with him can help you understand his expectations.
- Make sure that you have taken all your belongings before you take dogs out. Walking a puppy is like taking care of a child with a lot more communication problems.
- Apart from being aware of what your dogs need at different instances, dog walkers should fulfill it without fail.
- Once you know that you are well suited to become a professional dog walker, get yourself registered. In Australia, you should have an ABN, which is known as Australian business number. It has to be registered with the Australian government and taxation office.
- Dog walking might need a lot of patience since a dog walker has to handle the poop all the time. Fight the various climatic conditions and take care of the dog. So it is not as glamorous as it looks, at least not always.
- Dog walking requires you to be young, energetic and fit. So take care of your health and stay fit. Involve yourself in sports activities and stay fit to run behind the little ones.
- Dog walkers should not prioritize money and earn, at least at the initial stages of the establishment. Also, most people believe that adopting an external service to take care of pets can be very expensive. Do not underrate yourself, just be fair to yourself and your clients.
- So try to follow the above-stated tips patiently and consistently and see yourself growing as a good dog walker!